Hey PC fans, I just wanted to give a brief update to let you know that Map Pack 2 will be included in patch 1.5! It's in test right now, and is looking great – I will have more information next week.
In addition to the second map pack already released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 earlier this month, the message board post on the game's forums the patch is looking at fixing the following:
- CO-OP hosts can now kick players from their lobby
- Improved dog spawning in MP
- Addressed an issue with Zombie pathing
- Fixed an instance of the player model displaying incorrectly
- Some unhandled exception errors have been addressed
- Improved server browser's refresh functionality when the Source is set to 'Favorites'
- Added support for CODTV (a feature that has been requested since the original Call of Duty)
- "cg_DrawFPS 1" now only displays FPS and cg ms/frame
- Added RCon command "teamstatus" to display players' team information
Map Pack 2 will consist of 4 new maps, similar to the 1st pack, 3 of which will be for standard multiplayer, the other will be for zombies.
Shi No Numa (Zombie Swamp)
Keep moving to survive the unending Zombie horde in "Shi No Numa", the all new addition to the four player co-op fan favorite. Imperial Zombies rise from the misty swamps and flaming Hell Hounds blaze through the jungle as players struggle to find Perk machines and the deadly new Wunderwaffe DG-2 to stay alive.
Deep in the jungles of Japanese controlled territory, battle to control the tall river bridge in "Banzai" a bright, medium sized jungle map featuring a waterfall, villages and hidden caves well suited for deadly snipers, surprise attacks and all out gun battles.
In "Corrosion" face down your enemy in a deteriorated Russian train yard. Sprint under, over and through the shattered pipelines and war-torn train cars in this mid sized map great for full out team combat. Keep your head on a swivel as your enemy could be above or below you!
"Sub Pens" offers a close-quarter bombed-out Japanese submarine base littered with live ammunition, breached subs and idle fighter planes. Wipe the monsoon rains from your eyes and struggle to control key choke points in this tight map designed for exciting and deadly battles.
There's no release date given as yet, but as the patch is currently in testing, we doubt the wait will be too long.